What is marriage mentoring?
Marriage Mentoring is one couple helping another couple. They meet regularly for a few weeks and work together towards a goal of having a God-honoring, life-long marriage. The mentor couple is resourced to help teach you new skills and provide encouragement, hope, and healing that will transform your marriage. It’s all done from a Christ-centered perspective of love, mercy, and grace. It can be fun, rewarding, and life-changing.
Here’s how marriage mentoring works:
You will . . .
- Take a survey that will uncover your strengths & weaknesses
- Meet one night a week for 8-12 weeks with a trained mentor couple
- Learn more about yourself and your spouse
- Apply principles you learn through homework
- Learn skills to solve your own problems using a unique, sports-based negotiating tool
- Learn how to navigate conflict and fight in a healthy way
- Improve communications skills
- Learn to bring passion back into the relationship
For more information, contact Pastor Tim Revis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (217) 875-3350.
For additional marriage resources, click below: