Student Life exists to lead students to experience the life-changing love of Jesus. We desire to provide a faith community of students who learn, grow, worship, and serve together and challenge them to become a generation of fearless followers of Jesus living in a way that leads others to Him.
We meet on Sundays from 4:30-6pm during the school year — both in person and online — to create an environment where students can connect with peers and adult leaders in both large and small group settings. We are intentional in helping students know Jesus through worship, age-appropriate teaching, fun games, small groups, and other experiences.
We are happy to implement accommodations for students with special needs. Simply contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.875.3350.
Our Core Values
The Bible is relevant & relatable. We teach the Bible in an age-appropriate way so students can understand what they believe, why they believe it, and have a faith that will endure even in difficult times. We want students to have the skills and discipline to take responsibility for their own spiritual growth.
We want students to know they are created in the image of God, saved by God’s grace, and defined by who God says we are . . . we are so loved by Him and He wants a relationship with us.
PARTNER WITH FAMILIES
Each student’s family has the greatest influence on their student’s faith journey. We communicate with families, give them resources, and encourage them to make faith a priority in their daily rhythms.
We want students to develop friendships that challenge them to go deeper in their relationship with Jesus and provide encouragement in their faith journey. We have dedicated adult small group leaders who invest in the lives of our students, communicating with them, and are a part of their lives outside of Student Life.
We want to prepare our students to change the world for Jesus. We want students to be influencers, leaders, and world-changers. We give them weekly opportunities to serve in the life of our church, while challenging them to faithfully attend and serve in a church consistently throughout their entire life.
We will laugh loud and often. We recognize that fun over time equals connection and this helps to build relationships among our students and our leaders.
Connect with us!
We want to know more about you. Please give us your student's information so we can stay connected together.
All events will be held both in person and online
Student Life Gathering
SUNDAYS FROM 4:30-6PM
Students 6th-12th grade, you're invited to join us for Student Life on Sunday afternoons. Woo-hoo! We are excited to get together with you IN PERSON and ONLINE (email Heather at email@example.com for the Zoom links for middle & high school).
To keep everyone safe, check out our COVID-19 guidelines below. Please know we value the health and safety of each of our students.
- Students will meet inside with Middle School in the East Auditorium and High School in the FirstKids K1 space. Chairs will be set up 6ft. apart.
- Masks are required.
- Students will be outside (weather permitting) until service begins. If the weather is not good, we will move them inside, using the Atrium, East Auditorium, and Lobby to keep them socially distant.
- When service is ready to begin, we will have high school students go upstairs first, then middle school students will go to the EA (all wearing masks and moving them in as efficiently as possible).
- We will ask students to use hand sanitizer as they come into the building.
- All games will be on screens to limit students' interactions with one another.
- Small groups will be released as a group to small group time. We will set up spaces that allow for the groups to be socially distant. Once small groups are finished, we will ask students to move outside. Students will need to wear masks inside. A small group can also choose to be outside and not wear masks, as long as they are socially distant.
- Students who are not comfortable to join us in person will be able to join us via Zoom. This goes for our small group times as well. We will send the Zoom link to the Student Life service via email and small group leaders will communicate their small group links to the students in their group.
Please screen your student for any symptoms they may have. If they do show symptoms or if your student has been in close contact (in the last 10 days before a Student Life service) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please have them join us online. Please also remind your students they can't touch each other or be close to one another.
In the unfortunate circumstance that a student or leader tests positive for COVID-19 after attending a Student Life service, we will notify all parents immediately and determine the next appropriate steps.