Church In-Person and Online
Updated September 17, 2020
Join us for church - in person or online!
Note that the church building is open with office hours Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-5pm and Fridays from 8:30am-noon. Mosaic Café is open Monday-Friday 7-11am (closed on the weekends). Please wear a mask when you visit the church office and when ordering from the café.
Please note that we have been working with local healthcare providers and seeking input from our medical team in order to carefully prepare multiple venues for worship. We've chosen to be cautious and mindfully consider reports from churches across the country who have already gathered for worship. Being careful is prudent and allows us to flex our patience muscles.
Here are some guidelines for your consideration before attending worship services in person:
- Everyone who plans to attend worship should complete a self-check before arrival. This includes no temperature above 100.4 or not recently in contact with someone who has had COVID-19. Worship online if feeling sick, or someone in your home is feeling sick.
- Please wear a mask (especially when singing). Disposable masks will be provided for those who forget one. We can serve one another by wearing a mask while gathered.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entrance.
- Communion is self-serve in prepackaged containers.
- Giving boxes are located in each venue to receive checks or cash.
- Social distancing of six feet between individuals/family groups will be observed.
- Ushers will assist individuals/family groups in each venue to be seated with a six-foot social distance between groups.
- Mosaic Café is open Monday-Friday from 7-11am but not during worship services. You are welcome to bring a beverage to worship.
- Each venue has been cleaned utilizing a Clorox T360 system. An airborne cleaning agent adheres to surfaces and kills viruses and bacteria within minutes. It is safe to enter the venue within two minutes of a cleaning cycle. Following each service, bathrooms and hard surfaces are cleaned, and the Clorox T360 system will sanitize each venue.
We are all learning how best to navigate the changes the pandemic has created in our world. We love the people of First Christian Church and ask for grace toward our leadership team and one another. If you have any questions, contact Lori Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.875.3350.
ONLINE WORSHIP SERVICES
Saturday at 5pm
Sunday at 9am & 11am
We love the people of Decatur. We understand some are ready to come worship in person and others are not. Worship services are live streamed at Church Online Platform, YouTube, and Facebook Live. If you've never watched church online, scroll down for tips to a great online experience.
Visit the "What's Happening" page below for the latest news:
Tips for a Great Online Experience!
You can watch any of our worship services on our Church Online Platform on any device. A church online host is present during every worship service to answer any questions you may have as well as guide you through the worship service. A church online host can also pray with you privately through our online prayer chat. You can also interact with others watching church online. You can also watch our worship services on YouTube and Facebook Live.
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT IN ADVANCE
In order to prepare for the weekend services, consider creating a Church Online Platform account at https://firstdecatur.online.church in advance.
- CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
You will need to have high-speed internet in order to have a smooth worship experience with no interruptions.
- HAVE A BIBLE
Have a bible and pen/paper ready to take notes.
- ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS
This will help you have a wonderful worship experience.
The video will begin with no audio so you will need to unmute it. There is a button in the lower right-hand corner of the video screen where you can unmute the audio.
- ONLINE GIVING
Participate in worship through giving in a secure, easy manner at firstdecatur.org/give.