Election week has finally arrived. On Tuesday of this week, our country will decide who will lead us for the next four years. It is an understatement to say that this election has been emotionally and spiritually charged. Yet, in the midst of it all, we know that God is sovereign and good.
Take a minute to write your reflections on the following questions:
- As you read this passage today, what do you believe God desires for you to remember most in the midst of this election?
- What does it mean for you this week, with all this is going on in our country, to “sing praise to the God of Jacob”?
- Read 2 Chronicles 7:14. As you read this verse and reflect, what phrase jumps out to you? How does that phrase connect with you today? What would it look like for God to “heal our land”?
- What was your greatest take-away from what Pastor Wayne shared last weekend? How does that take-away apply to your life today? (If you were unable to attend worship last weekend, watch the sermon here.)
PRAY THIS WEEK
Take time this week to pray for the list below. As you vote this week, feel free to use this prayer as a starting point:
Lord God, we seek to better understand the issues and concerns that confront our city/state/country, and how the Gospel compels us to respond as faithful citizens in our community. We ask for eyes that are free from blindness so that we might see each other as brothers and sisters, one and equal in dignity. We ask for minds and hearts that are open to hearing the voice of leaders who will bring us closer to your Kingdom. We pray for discernment so that we may choose leaders who hear your Word, live your love, and keep in the ways of your truth as they follow in the steps of Jesus and his Apostles and guide us to your Kingdom of justice and peace. We ask this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ and through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
ALSO PRAY FOR . . .
- The national elections, state elections, county elections, and local elections
- Our Executive branches: President, Governors, Mayors, and Village Presidents
- Our Legislative branches: Senators, Representatives, those who write our laws
- Our Judicial branches: Supreme Court Justices, State, and Local Judges
- Our enemies such as ISIS and other terrorists, that they come to know the Lord Jesus Christ (“Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.”)
- God to give us leaders who will honor Him and be motivated by love, kindness, justice, righteousness, and mercy. But above all, may His Kingdom come, and may His will be done.
- Thank God for the U.S.A. and all the blessings and good things happening here
- Confess and repent of the sins of our nation and ask for God’s forgiveness
We would love to pray with you! If you have a prayer need, share it with us here.